Thursday, February 3, 2011

A more formal introduction

Perhaps not 'formal' formal, per say, but just a little bit more about who I am and my little world here.




I'm Sarah, and I was married this past May to my darling B. We added to our little family a couple months after that by adopting our adorable and eccentric cat Rowsdower. To learn more about her quirky name and how to pronounce it, click here. Yes, we named our petite tuxedo cat after a burly Canadian man, but we have to say, it fits! She's such a funny little cat; she loves to lick you like a dog, especially when you pet her, she will come when called, and she loves to engage in conversation. Maybe one day we'll get it on video and I'll share it here. For now, here's a picture of her sleeping belly-up.


I went to college for music, majoring in Vocal Performance, but I haven't done a whole lot of it since then, and it's been a welcomed break. Music will always be a huge part of my life, but it's been nice to slow down and learn something different. By day, I'm a nanny for two wonderful families in my neighborhood. I am truly, truly lucky. You may hear me mention T-dubs and Little Miss here and there, as they provide great entertainment and are the most precious children. Here's a little peek of what I get to enjoy every day:


B is a writer, and a fantastic one at that. We received the news last week that three of his pieces will be published soon! They will be his first articles and stories to be published, and we are very excited and proud.

Rows, B and myself live in a quaint little corner apartment in a tucked-away neighborhood in northern Chicago. We feel lucky to have such an incredible location, but there are a bunch of little things about it that make living there not the most desirable. There's about 8 or 9 layers deep of paint (even on the door nobs and and security chain) that have begun to peel and crack as the old building settles more into it's foundation. We also have an oven that's about 30 years past it's prime and never holds a steady temperature (only mildly aggravating to an amateur baker). So this spring we will begin the hunt for a new abode. We would like to stay in our neighborhood (even on the same street - ridiculous, I know) but upgrade a bit in terms of, well, everything. Newer or recently renovated...you know the drill. We want to find somewhere that we can settle in for the next couple of years. I'd like to be able to have more freedom to decorate, paint and potentially change cosmetic things, so we'll see! I'll keep you updated when we start the search.

I'll leave you with a picture I adore, courtesy of Little Girl, Big City (a fantastic blog/tumblr, which I highly recommend visiting). I wish this was where I awoke this morning, but alas, I did not.


xx,

svl

No comments:

Post a Comment