Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inspiration Files

I've been thinking lately about what images inspire me and evoke a certain sense of happiness and excitement about a space. Here are a few that I've had in my inspiration/"Future Home" files for a while (I apologize - I saved these before I knew about blogger etiquette in regards to citing sources! If you recognize any of these pictures or know where they originally came from, please let me know so I can give due ownership!).


I love this picture because of it's immediate possibilities. The cork board/'tool' organizer is something that I could pull together in an afternoon if I had all of the right parts and bits. I showed B this picture when we first moved into our apartment to see if we could get a similar concept up in our kitchen, and I think he may have even mildly agreed to the idea, but 9 months later we are still stacking pots and pans in an Ikea floating island.


Sigh. This is my dream pantry! All of the open space! The visibility! The different kinds of jars and containers that all blend perfectly together! The catch-all bottom baskets! Sigh. I've got a (barely) similar, much-smaller-scaled version of this picture in my current pantry. I picked up a couple of Bell jars at Marshall's and a few large glass containers from Crate and Barrel and use them to house flour, sugars, oatmeal, cornmeal, and other baking items/dried goods.


I'm also mildly obsessed with white dinnerware/bowls/cups/plates/serving dishes - okay, anything white, I love. I bought a hutch similar to this for my first apartment (I got the hutch, a dining room table with a leaf, and six chairs, DELIVERED for $150! Oh the joys of Craigslist!) and it's currently housing a similar collection of white, but not as much as this gorgeous picture.


This last little kitchen-esque nook really speaks to me, too. I'm not sure if it's the matte black popping against the cream walls, or the functionality of the whole piece, but I love it. I love the little bar set up at the end, I love the open shelving, the little drawers underneath, I love the movable hooks - I'm just smitten with the whole picture.

I realize the focus here has been mainly on kitchen/pantry items, but that's one of the sore spots in my apartment (we live in a very, very old building) that unfortunately I can't do a whole lot with. Just a few more months until the search for a new apartment begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment