Monday, February 28, 2011

Busy busy bee!

Hello there! My apologies for the delays in posting... it has been a busy month indeed! For two people who generally like to hang in and relax (or nonstop watch The Wire...you know), we hosted 2 different dinners at our apartment, I had three new team members join my unit, I went to a Valentine's Pastry Market, B and I saw Deerhoof in concert, we filed our taxes, we celebrated the birthdays of good friends, we had B's parents over for dinner, I went to an incredible Ladies Night Out, and I baked a trial cake for T-dubs 1st birthday. That may not seem like a lot to some of you, but for us, that was jam packed! As busy as it was, it was delightful none the less.

Speaking of delights, one of the many delectable things I got to sample at the Valentine's Pastry Market was Katherine-Anne's Confections - specifically, her chocolate-covered-honey-vanilla-CARAMELS. Sweet baby Jesus, these were sprinkled with a little Fleur de Sel and the most incredible chocolate-covered-caramels that I have ever eaten. I bought a box for myself and told B he bought them for me, for Valentine's day. He was pleased with the arrangement. I was pleased that I got to indulge in these delights for the next couple of days. I cannot wait to get my hands on some more!

This is a picture I grabbed off her website of the assorted caramels; this isn't what the chocolate covered ones look like. I bet these are utterly delicious, too!

 Seeing Deerhoof perform live was another major highlight of our winter. They played at the Bottom Lounge, which I had never been to before, and was very impressed with the venue! Deerhoof, as always, was incredible. Hearing them (and watching them) play live is like nothing I've ever experienced - they're so electric, their music is so much larger-than-life, it's as if they fill everyone up with their energy and the room just explodes. Really, if you get the opportunity to see them live - GO.


On a different note, I'm going to work on posting more often/almost daily. This was one of my major goals in having a blog, but I've been feeling very shy when it comes to writing something. What do I have to say? What does what I'm writing about say about me? -- I'm going to try and lighten up a little and just post, and then when I begin to find a theme, or discover something that I'm really passionate about, I'll take it from there. Okay? Does that work for you? Great. ;) Goal #2 would be to comment more on the blogs that I'm reading daily. I feel like it's been a one-sided relationship, where I know so much about them, but I'm not communicating to them. Maybe that's a weird way of looking at things, but I know that I love it when someone comments on something I've written about.


Preview for tomorrow's post: A trial Monkey Cake for T-Dubs 1st birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment